Google Analytics

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Getting CruiseControl.net Running

I have CCNet installed on the build server and a couple packages installed as well, the same ones I added to Jenkins, essentially: NCover, NUnit, MSBuild, and Fitnesse reporting along with StyleCop reporting. I need to make a note to myself to look for that with Jenkins. Alas, there is no ChuckNorris package built-in with CCNet. I restarted the web server but still there is no evidence that those packages are installed other than they say "[Installed]" in the package list. I don't have any build projects created, yet, though. I like that I can administer packages for CCNet like this now. Not thrilled that I need to restart the web server through IIS Mgr to see the configuration changes in general. Not a huge deal though.

I need to install Subversion on here first of all, and then I can check out the ccnet and msbuild scripts from our version control. I'll try this installer for CollabNet client 1.6.6.4 to install to "~Programs\CollabNet\Subversion Client". I tried 'svn' on the command line to confirm and it told me to "Type 'svn help' for usage.", so that's good.

Now I need to create the directory structure to checkout my code. Also, this is going to go easier if I have TortoseSVN installed as well, so I add that and reboot.
When I get back on there is a CollabNet settings manager in my start bar. Let's lookee and see what we can configure. Ooo! Turn OFF the automatic updates. We fear change, particularly on servers that we barely otherwise pay attention to except when they tell us our client application is outdated and all work must halt until they are brought back up to speed.

My TortoiseSvn commands aren't showing up in the context menu. Maybe the version I have doesn't work in Windows Server 2008. I check the MSBuild scripts and CCNet scripts out manually with svn on the command line.

Now to change the ccnet config files to start building my projects.
Issue: CCNet server starts and stops apparently because of the notification attribute in the email group node of the email settings file we have. "notification" has been changed to "notifications". The error in the event lgo was : 'ERROR CruiseControl.NET [(null)] - Exception: Unused node detected: notification="always"' for those who are interested.

Ok! CCNet is running now. I have a couple of our basic projects that are almost set to build. I need to go modify the build scripts for them to reflect the directory structure on this new server and we should be set to go.

No comments: